Monday, November 3, 2008

Sickies

Today was a momentous day in motherhood. It is called Dr. day. It seems that not just one person can be sick in a family. Because we all love each other so much, we must give what we have to others and do as our mothers have taught us and share. So, when Brady came to me this morning with no eyeballs, just cake battered lashes and insanely puffy upper and lower lids, I knew that Dr. Yanette was going to have to be seeing us today. They luckily had one spot just open up at 10:40. Yah! But, low and behold, my mouth cave was killing me and my dr. called just after my scheduling of Brady's and said they had one spot open today for me and it was at 10:30- in 10 minutes. I rushed over there, they swabbed my non-existing tonsils, and then I rushed out of there and sped down to the Pediatricians (with all three kids), where Brady was checked out for Pink Eye! Yah! This is our first time with pink eye, so I am very excited. While we were there we gave Brady a Hep A shot- just for fun! and then I had him check out Macie's belly button.... which is infected. Dun Dun Dunnnnn. So then I rushed back to my dr.'s office where they came out in the parking lot and finished my vitals and said that I was awarded with Strep Throat. So, two presciptions of oral antibitics and one eye dropper later (with a 2 hour trip to Walmart), we are sitting pretty and I am exhausted. We are on the mend though and have filled our sick quota for November, and it is only the 3rd day of the month.

4 comments:

Tami and Aaron said...

Cute, just keep it up!!! I'll be watching.....ha ha ha.

Erin said...

Wow! It sounds like you've had your hands full. So Brady did have pink eye.. poor guy. I hope you all start feeling better!!

Meredith said...

Wow, that stinks to have you guys all sick! Weren't you all sick just a few weeks ago too?

Call me if you need anything!

Melinda said...

I am sorry that you guys are all sick! Get better soon! (If you need anything, let me know....I have the rest of the week off!!)

I love the blog, by the way. :)