Saturday, June 19, 2010

GYM

I dropped my membership at the gym a couple months ago. I wanted to save some money, spend more time with my children and use the gym setup I have in my basement. I have an elliptical and a weight bench. I was doing the elliptical, but my knee started hurting constantly, and I couldn't bend down without acting like an old woman when I tried to stand back up. I have been run/walking outside now three or four days a week, but it isn't cutting it. I used to go to classes all the time at my last gym. Well, not all the time... can you imagine how neglected my children and house would be- sad thought. Moving on. Anyhow, I am bored with my workout and not feeling comfortable in my body. I need a gym and the atmosphere of people sweating and working hard and no make up and wonderful stinkiness. I realize I had no commas in the last sentence- fun. I have been looking up all the gyms in the area and have decided to try out 24 hour fitness next week. I have never been to a 24 hour fitness except for the lovely online tour- thank you internet. My only brother- Greg (yes, that is my husbands name also- no, they are not the same person), gets home from his 2 year long LDS mission in August and I need to look awesome- or just better than he remembers me. That should not be hard because I was 8 months pregnant when he left. But, I still want to look my best. I hope it is fantastic. Has anyone been to a 24 hour fitness? I heard the childcare was great.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I used to go there and it's really big. It's where the pretty people go so I felt a little self conscious but maybe ig has changed. They have classes!

Laura said...

I've toured the gym, and Adam has a membership. It's really nice, and big. The kids care room looks awesome, but you should go ahead and look online at prices. it's waaayyy expensive.

Meredith said...

The only thing I've heard about 24 hour fitness is that it's a meat market there. :(

I still want to do the morning thing with you! Sorry I wasn't in town this past week!!!!

heidi said...

my few experiences at 24 were positive. i think you should go for it. you are halfway to the mall once you are over there!